Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dude, Not My Car!!

The government has always tried to stick their hands in all of our pockets. But I have a problem when they start to tell me what type of car I can drive and what I can do with it. There needs to be a line drawn where we the people actually get to enjoy some freedoms. I love my muscle cars; they are a part of Americana. There is nothing like feeling horsepower and imaging the many after-market parts that I can add to my car.

The rumble, the looks, the ladies, and the smile on my children’s faces are all a part of that wonderful Sunday drive. But once again, big brother wants to eliminate the Sunday drive and force me to purchase a minivan. If a person can afford the insurance, the gas, and is willing to pay the gas guzzler tax, then they should be able to enjoy all of the horsepower they want.

I understand the concern, and yes we may be running out of oil and it might be in my lifetime. But there are other logical decisions that can be made in order to conserve some of our oil resources. We need to turn our attention to other issues rather than put more pressure on the citizens. There is a lot at stake if the government continues to try and regulate the muscle car industry.

There will be many small and large companies that will have to close up shop and fire their employees. There will be fewer shipments of products and fewer services needed as far as installation of new pipes and body kits. We are turning into a country with a longer list of what you can not do compared to what we can do.

I mean, really the only thing that is American to me they want to try to take away. I am not a big fan of baseball, or apple pie- I prefer pumpkin pie- it taste a lot better… especially if made by my grandmother. The one thing that defines America to me is the muscle car, not a Honda with a 4cylinder, a good ole Mustang 5.0 rumbling at the stop light. The sound of the exhaust and the feeling of taking off when the light turn green; there is nothing like it.

November is right around the corner and there is a real need for all of us to be informed and make sure that we vote to keep our freedoms. We can not continue to vote by party lines because as we have seen in recent months and the past 10 years I do not think that any of these people can get their act together and make a difference. The backroom deals continue, the lies are told with a straight face, and lives are still lost for something that we can not identify.

This is not some made up story, this is a real issue. If you have a sports car or just enjoy being surprised at what part of history might be rumbling down the street, make sure you help us car lovers out and get involved in the fight for our rights to drive muscle cars. If you want to see our country lose 32 Billion dollars a year, and more of our history in the junkyard then pay no attention at all. But if you do care, then feel free to sign up with SEMA Action Network or (SAN) www.semasan.com. Oh yeah this is for you bike lovers too- they have grouped us all in one category.

No comments:

Post a Comment