Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rainbow Flags and Black Books

"The Family Research Council strongly opposes gay marriage and abortion and says it advocates 'faith, family and freedom in public policy and public opinion.'” 1

Wait a minute, hold up.  Did I read that correctly? First of all, why do we need a group called “The Family Research Council” in the first place? Is a family something that needs to be researched? Or is this just another way for a group to claim that they are not racist or discriminating, and walk around and throw money at elected officials to support their agenda.

But the fact remains that the statement that they believe in public policy and public opinion is ridiculous. They should change their tag line to “we believe that public policy should be allowed to discriminate”. I have put my neck on the line for the issue of allowing gay people to marry and adopt, because I see the bigger picture.

Here is a little background for you about me and this issue. I use to oppose gay marriage; I use to believe that it was wrong. But like most sensible humans I really thought about the situation, and it was rather simple. First of all, I am not gay, so why am I so worried about what they are doing in the first place? Secondly I believe in the true definition of Freedom.

Look, if these men and women are good enough to catch a bullet and die for us here in our plush air conditioned homes, watching two political parties that are involved in the same destructive policies, then why can’t these individuals be able to get married? So it is alright for them to die for us, but it is not alright for them to have freedom to love who they may.

I mean, we are worried about the economy right? I am sure that there would be a lot of people getting paid if we allowed these individuals to get married. Weddings, honeymoons, cakes, gifts, and on and on!  

As a parent, one thing I had to realize was that no matter how I think my children should live, one day they are going to be able to make their own decisions, and if one of my children walked up to me and told me that they were gay the last thing I would do is tell them that they are going to go to hell.

I am sure there are a lot of people dealing with this, and those that are going to have to face this in the future; I hope they are prepared to deal with it, and I hope they chose to be supportive.

With all the recent energy that Mitt Romney has received for selecting Ryan and the individuals that refuse to look at Mr. Ryan’s voting trends, it is rather ignorant to put it politely. I think it is odd that Mr. Ryan is so strongly against abortion.  A man shouldn’t really be making decisions for women in the first place, but he is so twisted that he also believes that a gay couple should not be able to adopt.  So not only is he forcing women to have unwanted babies, but he is denying those who want to adopt them!

See, that is why I have to separate myself from the conservative party.  They scream and rant about too much government but then they start restricting every part of our lives at will. Of course I am not into throwing all of our money out to those that do not want to work and continue to live off welfare without trying to improve themselves. But to deny love and companionship is pretty crazy in this day and age.

I think most children do not care who raises them- gay, straight, or whatever. They just want to be loved. And if that means allowing gay couples to adopt them and get these children out of foster care, then fine- let gay people adopt.

I do not think that a gay couple is really trying to adopt children for some gay revolution- to eliminate all straight people on the planet. When a couple is in love no matter gay or straight there is a lot of love to share, and if they can do that and produce productive individuals in our society then I am fine with that, personally.

I am tired of the bigotry and hate that is often entrenched within politics and religion. When you present facts to most of these individuals they are quick to forget the evolutionary cycle that humans have been through. You would swear that they are still dragging their knuckles on the ground, trying to make a fire with two twigs.

So in my personal opinion, until we allow all individuals to get married and live a prosperous life, then such violent acts, like what happened at the movie theater, the temple, and many other situations- will continue to happen. I challenge all of you to really think about it.  How are gay issues really harming your life?

Oh yeah, and if you live in California you should pack your bags and move real quick, because gay and lesbian studies will become mandatory. I wish they would have made African American studies mandatory, but hey, it is what is what it is, and to deny that gay and lesbians have made great contributions to our society would be foolish.

I am sure if that hunk of a fire fighter pulling your ass out of burning building was gay, you wouldn’t be saying “No! Put me down! Let me burn!” I never agree with violence in any situation, just wanted to point out that this group is not for freedom and should never say such a thing, they are for restricting freedom. I wonder if guns were created before the bible, would they be illegal?... Oops I forgot, guns don’t kill people, people kill people…. answered my own question.
     
1: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Official-Suspect-criticized-group-before-shooting-3790208.php#ixzz23exsh31s


No comments:

Post a Comment