Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Used to Want to Be...


I use to want to be a rapper, but then I learned that I could write.

I use to want to be a teacher, but then I learned that they struggle.

I use to want to be a politician, but then I learned they all tell lies.  

I use to want to be a service man, but I learned the country cares less.

I use to want to be a lawyer, but then I learned law is not just.

I use to want to be a businessman, but then I learned they are paid salaries.

I use to want to be a clothes designer, but then I learned they employed children.

I use to want to be a photographer, but then I learned so did everyone else.

I use to want to be a graphic designer, but then I learned they created software.  

I use to want to be a doctor, but then I learned they can get sued.

I use to want to be a farmer, but then I learned they pay you not to grow.

I use to want to be a minister, but then I learned they keep secrets.

I use to want to be a mason, but then I learned they do not share knowledge.

I use to want to be black, but then I learned that I was white.

I use to want to be white, but then I learned that I was still black.

But I finally found out what I wanted to be, I learned I just wanted to be me.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment